We arrived at CHM at 6am and they took him back at 7am. He was wide awake, which concerned me, but he seemed fine with the Nurse. He was pretty tired and hungry, so while he was pleasant for the most part, when I was hugging him and probably smushing him, he had had enough and shoved me off of him! That's my boy! I didn't break down, but I had several moments of being emotional all morning. He decided to wake up and needed to be rocked back to sleep in the middle of the night, so I just snuggled him to me and sang to him.
The Nurse just came out and told us they made the incision and it would be 45 mins to get him set up on bypass, then 3 hrs til the end of surgery. After surgery, it will be some time before we can see him. As soon as Dr. Delius updates us after the surgery, I will try to get on here and update the blog. (The Nurse also told us he was in good spirits before receiving the anesthesia)
We met a Mom in the waiting room whose son has had 4 OHS. He has DiGeorge's Syndrome and Tetralogy of the Fallots. Dr. Delius has done all his surgeries. It was nice to have their affirmation that he is a wonderful surgeon.
Thank you all for your prayers and love.
15 years later
1 year ago








5 comments:
Many prayers coming Drew's way all day today!
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are underway and that he was in good spirits prior to everything. I will keep checking here. Thoughts and prayers continuing.
We pray you guys the best, glad to hear that everything is going good!
We will keep checking on Drew and his family.
God Bless,
Shelli Smith
Praying for you, Bill, & Drew today!
Thanks for the update. I've lit a candle for you since this morning and praying for you constantly. My mom in Australia also prayed for you guys. She said that Drew is so cute. I'm going to write a post and dedicate it to you, Amelia and other heart moms out there awaiting surgery. Keep your Faith and Trust in God. He's got it all taken care for you, Drew, Bill.
Post a Comment