Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Opening My Eyes...

I have started following a blog written by a mother I have never met. I came to it late, but caught up on most of her older posts. What's sad to me is that I came to her post reading another mom's blog, and I came to it because that mother asked for prayers for this mother and her family. You see, the Mom's 5 month old had just passed away. I felt compelled to check out the blog, and I am glad I did. I am in awe of this mother's strength in the face of such great sorrow. You can feel her pain and the love she has for her son jumping off the page when you read her blog. The pictures she has are absolutely breathtaking, so powerful, and unapologetic. Just the way I like it. I think some may see it as morbid that I would be following this now, considering her baby has gone home to God. But, I feel privileged to share in her journey in some way, to read her outlet. I pray for her and her children and husband daily. Also, reading her blog reminds me to be thankful. Thankful for Drew and thankful for my life. As scared or down about things as I might get, Drew is strong...and healthy. His prognosis is good. He will always have a special heart, and I pray he grows to see his scar as a badge of honor, a reminder of his bravery and strength. I do not know what I did to deserve such an awesome gift from God...not just the gift of Drew, but the gift of this journey. It is teaching me so much about my own self and what is important to me...and what is just not important after all.

1 comment:

Mom 2 André said...

I always marvel how people who overcome/are overcoming their lives' adversities / tragedies teach us some profound lessons about life, which we sometimes take for granted.