We got to see Drew in the ICU finally! We had seen him momentarily on his way from surgery to PICU, and the first thing I noticed was how pink his lips are now! Better O2 sat means pinker lips! I had never thought his lips weren't very pink, but they did get bluish here and there. Wow, what a difference.
He looks beautiful! It is scary to see all the tubes coming from him, especially the drainage tube, because that is particularly saturated right now. But, better out than in, because that can cause a lot of problems. He is already starting to come out of anesthesia...he was pretty out of it for awhile and all of a sudden, his foot started moving and I noticed him trying to look toward my voice and then, moving his arms. Once he shows he is trying to breathe on his own, they'll start to wean him off the vent. In the meantime, they're giving him morphine and versed to keep him pain free and sedated. According to the PICU nurse, he's only on a few things and that is great. Also, the fact that he is already coming around is great. PLease pray the remainder of his recovery goes smoothly and he doesn't experience any setbacks. We had many prayers answered today...one of the most notable being that they did not need to cut across the valve, so there shouldn't be a need for anything further. His valve is a bit thick, but Dr. Delius feels that he will do just fine, lead a normal life and be able to play sports, or do whatever he wants.
God is good.
15 years later
1 year ago








6 comments:
Great news! I plan to come down there tomorrow morning if that is okay.
I just got back from my errands, praying and praying, talking to every body I met with about Drew. So prayers have been answered. God is good. Drew will recover so quickly, you'll be so amazed. The way you described it was as if I was seeing Andre all over again right after surgery. Give it 2 days, and he'll be ready to play, seriously! I am so happy for you and Bill and Drew that I'm fighting back tears of joy! We'll continue praying for his recovery!!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow....what wonderful news! We will continue to pray for you all!
Shelli Smith
Thank goodness! I've been thinking of you guys all day, and for the coming future. I am so glad to hear things have gone well. Many prayers still coming up for you. Please get some rest, ok?
Oh Mary, I am so glad to hear this! You have been so strong through everything. We are praying for Drew's speedy recovery. Much love to you all! Give Drew a big kiss on his pink lips from the Gomez family!!
Praying for a speedy recovery for Drew.
Post a Comment