Friday, March 20, 2009

Little Boy, BIG Attitude

So, all of Drew's life, we've commented on how sweet and laid back he is. He's still sweet, but the laid back-ness (word?) is quickly vanishing. I know it's frustration kicking in at not being able to move forward yet. For example, yesterday, he pivoted himself around backwards twice to get to where he wanted to go. Before he did that, he was agitated. When I try to get him to do something he doesn't want to do, because he is focusing on getting what he wants, he has smacked me...three times. He knows I am not pleased when I tell him "NO" very firmly and responds appropriately. He also wants to talk more, and I am giving him signs, but that's also a source of frustration for him too. I know this is all developmental and partly, it makes me laugh. But, meal times have become a REAL battle the last two days. He is asserting his independence and has decided cereal is not for him. So, he spits it out, he gags himself on it, he shoves the spoon out of his face. We tried other foods and he's still getting used to them. I have to sneak in bites of cereal. But, he's catching on to me... ;)

Something cute to end this post...we sing a song with him called "Open, Shut Them" and you have to open and close your hands, making a fist when closed, then you clap. He can do the whole first part with us!!! He's SO smart!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

lol, I have to laugh at the attitude- but only because Mason has had such a temper from day one! He is learning how to get himself out of almost every chair I put him in and will scream bloody murder when in his car seat. He tries so hard to get himself out that he turns red! Silly boys we have. although they are darn cute!