Monday, March 16, 2009

Duh

Sometimes I wonder about myself. ;) I should've called the American Red Cross WEEKS ago to donate blood for Drew's surgery. Somehow, even though I knew it was a possibility, it only popped in my head to do it last week. Sooo, too late. Marita, Steve and Conrad were going to join me, so Drew should've been covered. Dang. Well, we'll have to continue to "pay it forward." and give blood to others because someone else's child might benefit from it as my child is benefiting from these gifts of life. Anyhoo...

What Drew's doing now...

*Saying "dada"...not quite sure yet WHO dada is, but we make it a point to try and associate it with Bill.

*Waving every time you say "hi" and "bye." We don't need to wave first. He waves out the window when I close it and say "bye world, see you when I wake up" and he waves at Maggie when I say "Hi Maggs!"

*Pushing his belly off the ground more and more, getting higher and higher. (GMD is his area of delay due to his heart being taxed and his weight) We've had some forward movement, and a lot of backwards movement and pivoting. We are continuing to use the techniques the Physical Therapist gave to us and they seem to be helping him.

*Pushing off us, boppy, etc, into sitting position

*Standing a lot more stable and trying to pull to stand on people and certain items. Jumping up from his legs into the air to do "rocket ship." He will lead this, not us, some of the time.

*Eating yogurt and chunkier foods

*Cutting his third tooth...and finally a top one!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Its so good to hear all the things Drew is doing now. Such a big boy!!I will continue to pray for that handsome little man of yours. Just think, by his first birthday, he will be all better!! What a strong little guy you have and what a loving fantastic mother he has!!

much love,
ashley