OK, so today was Drew's Pre-Op Evaluation. I think we saw every part of the 2nd floor at Children's in the process. We were there for about 3 hrs while they checked him out and took blood. We also toured the PICU where we got to see the newborn who had surgery on Tuesday. He looked GORGEOUS, a head full of dark hair and he was doing very well. I said a silent prayer of thanks to God for that news. The PICU wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, maybe because there weren't a ton of babies or really little kids. What was horrible though was paying our co-pay. Why? Because the Cashier is right next to the ER, which we discovered when they rushed in an unresponsive little boy and started shouting "Code Blue." Then, they paged it twice. I will not soon forget the panic in the parents eyes as they rushed him in. And yes, I lost it. And I prayed, hard, for that little boy and his family.
Drew did very well with everything, and charmed all of the staff there at CHM. The PICU Nurses were particularly interested in him and loving on him. I know he is in good hands there. I have to leave the rest to God, that He will look out for and watch over our little man.
15 years later
1 year ago








2 comments:
Praying for little Drew and your family.
Thinking of you all!!!!
Post a Comment