Well, it hasn't all gone smoothly today, but Drew is doing well right now. He had some troubles with mucous in his lungs that they couldn't get out without manually suctioning him. They were about to extubate him and his sats dropped to 74 and he started trying to cough and cry, turning bluish-purple. He was VERY agitated. Our quick thinking Nurse, Erin, got all the mucous out and he was fine after that. Of course, this all happened on our way back to the hospital and we were informed of it when we arrived. Interestingly enough, I had started to feel like I really needed to get back when it was going on. I had said to Bill, "We need to get there" right when all of this started. Mother's instinct, I guess. I thought I was just being antsy.
He is now extubated and on O2, which he promptly pulled out of his nose, declaring that he was done with tubes. :) He immediately fell asleep afterwards and snoozed in my arms (!!!!) for about an hour. I am not comfortable moving him on my own, so the Nurse took him from me and gave him to Bill, who wanted to hold him as well.
I am going to try and post some pics this evening maybe.
Thanks for your continued prayers...keep them coming.
15 years later
1 year ago








1 comment:
always trust those mommy instincts!
Post a Comment