I have been sidelined
By my foot
Getting old STINKS
I am in the midst of trying to figure out what the heck is going on with my foot that I seemed to have injured at some point late last week. I took yesterday off running and will repeat Week 3 beginning tomorrow, for only 2 days this week, in preparation of beginning Week 4 next week.
If my foot cooperates
If it doesn't, I guess it's a trip to the Doctor for me to see if this is, indeed, plantar fasciitis (PF) or something else...
I am hoping for something else
Everything I have read about PF makes it sounds like it is manageable, but not curable, and a total pain in the rear. I will need to get special orthotics, watch what other types of shoes I wear, probably get new running shoes (and mine are BRAND NEW as it is), tape my foot, stretch and possibly even wear a brace (or, a rainboot my friend, Juli, tells me!) to bed. And this is all after initially resting my foot for a few weeks.
DAMN IT
Excuse the swears, but I just got into running, I was enjoying it, and now, this. I have weight to lose, muscles to tone and a body and mind to challenge with this C25K program. I guess I will have to hit the road again tomorrow and figure this all out. Until next time ...
On a sidenote, when did Jillian from The Biggest Loser turn into a Psychiatrist?!
15 years later
1 year ago








No comments:
Post a Comment