W4D2 DONE!
My lips are chapped
My lungs were burning
I nearly fell on the ice...twice...
But man, did it feel GOOD.
I posted previously about wanting to accomplish a few things in 2010, and one of them was to get in shape and stay there. So many times, I've started a program, or going to the gym, or getting on our Wii Fit and stopped. I get bored. I get restless. I get lazy. And so, this time, I decided to challenge myself. I decided to take my sudden interest in running and do something with it. I prayed that it wouldn't turn into yet another one of my failed attempts to get my flabby bod back in shape. I got nervous when I was injured...one week off is enough time to get comfy again on the couch at night. It's so nice and warm in my house and so...well...so NOT outside. But, I'm doing it. And as my friend said this evening in the middle of our run, "we kick a$$." Yes, ma'am.
Next up on my list (well, concurrent with the running) is to get crafty. I am starting off with scrapbooking by attending a scrap party at a friend's in March. My plan is to learn from the experts while I am there and get a good start on a book for Drew. I never did chronicle his first year, and we're nearly done with the second, so it's time to get a move on. I am also going to check into sewing classes as well for the spring time, as I recently inherited a sewing machine and found out about a cool place called Arts and Scraps, where you fill a bag with fabric scraps for $7. Sounds like a great place to start as I would love to make some decorative pillows, some burpies for whenever we have our next child and as gifts for friends, and some infant bibs. Those, I feel, are small enough to be good first time projects (hopefully) and not need more than I will get at Arts and Scraps!
Work it girl!!!
15 years later
1 year ago








1 comment:
Love it! We like all the same stuff! Let me know when you want to make a trip to Arts and Scraps and if I can, I'll go with you!
Post a Comment