Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Low Down on our 1st Fundraiser!

Last night was an amazing experience.

What we managed to pull off in only 2 months time was incredible.

The response was phenomenal. Everyone we spoke to, everyone our spouses spoke to, everyone our event managers spoke to stated they were having a great time. People were getting into bidding wars over some of the bigger auction items, pushing the bids up and up, increasing our final numbers by leaps and bounds...


CHD Families in Metro Detroit thank you!

We are excited to announce that we believe we shall do this again next year, same place, perhaps same weekend, make it an annual "kickoff" event, seeing as the start of Awarness Week will be two days after this Saturday in February. I have to give some MAJOR props here ...

To Jen, for running all over town, soliciting donations and wheeling and dealing. For getting both locations for the event. For hosting meetings at her house. For selflessly giving of her time to IMH while also raising her two young boys, working and taking care of her personal responsibilities. I could never thank you enough!

To Julie, for sharing her talent for graphic design with us, for coming up with our "theme," for designing and putting together our programs, our invitations, our bid sheets, our auction item spreadsheet, our processes and responsibilities for the evening, etc, etc, etc... For driving 45mins-90mins multiple times to meet with us, to stuff comfort bags, to attend support meetings and learn about why we do this. For making our cause YOUR cause. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

To Andrea, for being our financial guru! For handling all the payments, the guest list and assigning bid numbers. For setting us up to take payments online. For always being willing to help with anything, even though you just started back to work full time for the first time since having your baby girl. For being my right hand woman since May! You rock girlie!


To Krista, for jumping in, feet first, without hesitation in November after only joining up with us in September. For being willing to take on more responsibility than you originally signed up for! For the amazing slideshow! For the AWESOME auction items you procured. For speaking at the event and allowing me to do what I do best, stay in the background and mingle, working the crowd one person at a time. For making me laugh all night!

To Melonie and Lisa, for being willing to jump on board and do whatever you can to help. Melonie, for the poster (which was AMAZING) and still being willing to help where you can, even though you are very busy with your family and work. Lisa, for driving 45mins-1hr to meet with us, for making our cause YOUR cause.

To everyone, for how WELL we all work together!!! We made an amazing team and I am so proud of this event!

And lastly, to the two men in my life ...


My amazing husband, Bill, for putting up with a stressed out and frazzled wife for the last couple of weeks as I fretted over getting things done and was out of the house at meetings and doing prep work until midnight. For allowing me to be on the computer all the time, working on things and figuring out how to improve what we were doing via email or FB chat with the ladies. For coming to the event and schmoozing with all our guests. For upping the bids and helping us raise more money. For standing by me and beside me since the beginning!


My beautiful, courageous, funny little man! You are my inspiration and the reason why I do this. For you and for all your friends, be they a warrior or an angel. I do this so your children don't have to endure open heart surgery, or heart caths or vent tubes or chest tubes. I do this so other parents may be as fortunate as Mommy is and will see their babies grow into toddlers and beyond. I am so thankful to have you in my life. I thank God daily for the blessing of having you as my son. I love you!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mary, I'm so glad to hear that your fundraiser went so well!! Blessings to you my friend!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I'm so glad to hear how amazingly well the evening went!