That stomach bug going around is NO JOKE.
Unbeknownst to us that it was looming on the horizon, we dropped Drew off at my Dad's on Saturday to attend The Heart of a Child fundraiser. He put them through the ringer with two blowouts, but no fever, so they thought it was just something he ate. He had been acting fine all day Sunday, just not really interested in eating (which I suppose should've been a sign), so we decided to go to my brother's to celebrate my niece's 21st birthday. Big mistake. I don't even think we were there an hour when Drew unloaded what he had eaten all over my brother's floor and my husband. He then proceeded to dance around and play with a "ba-oon" for 45 mins until he stopped and, again, unloaded his water and cracker all over the floor again. That was it, we left. On the drive home, he unloaded bile all over his jacket and carseat. We got him home, changed and cleaned him up, and put him to bed after taking his temp, 99.5.
About 2 hrs later, it was my turn.
We spent all day today sleeping and recovering. He really wanted his "moo" (milk) all day, but we didn't give in until we knew he was keeping his food down. And even then, we just gave him a little bit. Both he and I are living on mashed potatoes, crackers and applesauce today. He has also enjoyed some Pedialyte and I have been sampling G2 and 7-Up. I may or may not have had a piece of Godiva chocolate about an hour ago. I think we're starting to move past this.
And so the question remains...
Will Bill be next?
15 years later
1 year ago








1 comment:
Quite a few of my blog mommy friends have experienced the same stomach bug. Funny how they all ended up with it too after kids threw up at their child's b-day parties. Note to self....do not attend any birthday parties in the near future. LOL!!
Hope you are on the mend soon!
Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com
Post a Comment