As a CHD parent and advocate, I spend a lot of time talking about facts.
And here's one of them - CHD kills more children annually than all the pediatric cancers combined.
Think about that
Wow
That's a lot of kids right there
But, what I sometimes fail to remember (however inadvertently) is that pediatric cancer still kills.
And it's doing it right now ... it's killing a sweet girl, who is only 2. Her name is Layla and you can follow her story at http://www.laylagrace.org/. Look at her sweet face, read her story. She is fighting, fighting her cancer as best she can, but the cancer is winning. Soon, she will win in her own way...and she will be healed...but it won't be the way those who love her wish it to be.
And that...right there...sucks
So, please, say a prayer today for Layla and other Cancer Warriors...they fight battles everyday, just like our CHD Warriors do. They deserve the best treatments and cures as well.
15 years later
1 year ago








1 comment:
I've been reading up on Layla's story for a few weeks now... it just crushes me. I can't even imagine! All the babies I read about on blogland are in my prayers continuously.
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
Post a Comment