I ask that you keep a family close to my heart in your thoughts and prayers. Today and tomorrow are going to be extremely difficult for this heart family here in the Metro Detroit area.
These are the days set aside by them to honor their little man, Colin, who passed away on Sunday night. I am honored to be attending the visitation this evening and pay my respects to one our newest Angels, while supporting his parents and family the best I can. I am saddened beyond words, too, that this is where I will be this evening. This isn't how the journey was supposed to go, it was not supposed to take this turn for this little guy. God has a purpose in this turn in the road, I know He does, but right now it is hard to see what that might be. Words fail me right now, I cannot properly express my emotions, but I know that part of my journey is to honor our Angels...and so, there I will be tonight, because there is no place else I should be.
I know Angels like Colin were sent here to teach the world about pure love and a fighting spirit, but perhaps these Angels were also sent here to help fuel our fire, encouraging us to create awareness in ways we haven't in the past...and that message is being heard by parents who need to hear it. Just last night, a new CHD Warrior's defects were detected. She is 5 weeks old and her Mom noticed a friend's FB profile picture had changed to reflect CHD Awareness Week. She asked her friend about CHD and, last night, noticed that her daughter was having breathing issues. When they arrived at the E.R., she demanded her daughter be screened for CHD...and they found something. Maybe if her friend hadn't been so inclined to educate others about CHD, this mother may have missed this sign and not insisted on her daughter being screened for it.
Pretty powerful stuff.
15 years later
1 year ago








2 comments:
Hi!
I came across your blog today. I hope all is well with Drew and my prayers and condolences go out to Colins family. I have a 2 year old daughter, Cassidy, who was born with Tetralogy of Fallot w/ PA & MAPCA’s.
I think blogs are a great way to get the word about about CHD’s and I commend you for what you’re doing.
My wife and I are also on a mission to spread the word about CHD’s. We just started a jewelry company called Lucky 10. All of our products are handmade and pertain to Heart Defects and the Heart Community in general.
Please check out our site when you get a moment. If you could help us get the word out about our new business we would be very grateful. It’s a project that’s very dear to our hearts.
www.lucky10.etsy.com
Thanks so much and we look forward to reading more on your blog!
Thanks,
Vito Lisa
P.S. If you want to keep up with Cassidy’s journey here is her Carepage info:
www.carepages.com , Page name: cassidylisa
Extremely powerful stuff!!
My heart goes out to Collins family. I do not know the pain they feel, but I can imgaine and it seems absolutely unbearable. They are Lucky, mary, to have you to give them the support and love they need. I cant help but feel so proud of you as I see everything you are doing.
Post a Comment