After 3 weeks of not moving forward in my Couch to 5K (C25K) program, I did tonight.
Finally.
Week 4 Day 1 (W4D1) was a long time coming, but sooooo worth the wait.
I rested my foot the first week after my injury.
The second week, we (my friend/running partner and myself) decided to redo Week 3.
The third week, we barely had any days open, so we did Week 3 AGAIN.
Tonight, it was time to move on.
And it felt SO GOOD to be challenging myself again! Week 4's intervals are as follows ...
Brisk 5 min walk to warm up
Run 3 minutes
Walk 90 seconds
Run 5 minutes
Walk 2.5 minutes
Run 3 minutes
Walk 90 seconds
Run 5 minutes
Brisk walk to cool down (for however long it takes us to get home)
This is a program anyone can do. I mean it.
Two months ago, I never would've been able to run for 5 minutes straight...truly.
Now, I run for 5 minutes no problem
While talking
In snow
And ice
And 30 degree weather
And I want to do more
I am back with the program and loving it.
15 years later
1 year ago








2 comments:
Yeaaaa! That's great!
You're a brave soul-- not just the running, but in the ice and snow and cold! WOW.
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
Post a Comment