Saturday, February 27, 2010

Battle Royale

Ah jeans, my old nemesis, we meet again...

First I had to give up Curvy jeans at GAP (*sob*)

Next up, Low Rise jeans in general (mom jeans, anyone?)

And now, my size isn't my size in some jeans (and who cares if the jeans are cute? I am NOT going up a size just to get them)

I swear there is nothing like trying on jeans to make you feel like crap about yourself

and make you realize something ...

That being in shape and being thin can and often are mutually exclusive.

I know my body is getting back in shape...I know for a fact I am in better shape today than I was 3 months ago.

And yet, I continue to struggle to find jeans that fit, look age appropriate and don't cost a fortune.

And some pairs of pants that fit me 3 months ago are slightly more snug these days.

So WTH is going on?

I have an idea ...

I am not a dieter, never have been, never will be. I just can't do it. Call it lack of willpower, blame it on my Italian genes or Grandmas forcing me to "eat! eat!" Whatever it is, I just cannot bring myself to do it. I get tremendous satisfaction from seeing a full refrigerator and cupboards, from knowing I am able to feed my family, and from making yummy comfort foods from my childhood. I work on portion control, and I think I do an OK job, but clearly I do not.

And thus, I must work harder ... and the battle continues ...

The battle to get down to my goal weight before Baby #2 comes along

The battle to fit into jeans that I like and not settle for jeans I feel are "OK" or "will suffice."

I will not succeed at dieting, so I must succeed at portion control and thus, I propose the following:

Eating off a smaller plate

Drinking more water, particularly right before meals

Cutting out all snacking, unless it is something healthy (like fruit or veggies)

Continuing with running and adding in stomach crunches (*SIGH*, I hate these, but they are necessary to remove the muffin top I seem to have acquired since having my child)

Can I do it? I'll keep you posted.

***And, on a MUCH MORE important note, please continue to keep Layla Grace in your prayers. She is still hanging on, but sleeping more and more and on a tremendous amount of pain medication. Pray for peace for her and her parents, who love her very much. Also, please keep my Drewbie in your prayers. as he recently developed a cold and was exposed to RSV, so we're having to keep a close eye on him. Pray for his health to improve and for this to just be a cold. He's still my happy li'l guy, he just makes my day with his smile, I hate that he isn't feeling well!***

1 comment:

ALI said...

My prayers are with Drew & Layla!

I had to laugh at jeans rant... I'm sooo there... What's even more frustrating to me is... I spent the money on pp cute fitting jeans - but have since lost weight, so they don't fit right anymore.

And yet, even though I am 20lbs lighter than I was when I wore my pre-baby jeans to the OB for my PCOS dx - they don't fit either...