Tuesday, March 30, 2010

You Gotta Start Somewhere ...

I started my scrapbook ... and, well, you gotta start somewhere ... so here we go:

1st Page: Family Shower; VERY basic. Poor quality picture, but above me looking ginormous (I seriously swelled so bad that day that my Great Aunt was demanding I sit in her seat while she stood) it says "Waiting" in SUPER cute letters that I love and wish I had more of. Outside of the letters, this is not my favorite...




2nd Page: Cake and Shower Decoration with some journaling and monkey stickers. SOOOO irritated that the circle journal piece is crooked. UGH! If you know me at all, you know I like things to be symmetrical, and even, so this bugs the crap out of me. And, of course, there are more monkeys. We love monkeys!


3rd Page: Now we skip ahead to his birth...pics from the day he was born and his stats


4th Page: Pics from the hospital, one being our first family shot together. Thank God my MIL made us take this picture. It's one of 3 with me in the hospital. I still hate how I look, but I am glad to have it. This is where I started to actually think through my design and is definitely the first page I like


5th Page: Grandparents with Drew in the hospital. I like how simple this page is and wish I had kept the hearts off it...why I drew them, I'll never know.



6th Page: OK, now I am catching on to the idea of making the pages mirror each other! These are pics of us bringing Drew home and his first couple of weeks at home ... with Maggie. :)


7th Page: Drew's professional pics at 2 months of age...

I still have a TON to do...and it's still nowhere near where I want it to be...but it's a start, right?!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Nice job! Good job getting it done. I still haven't started either. I seriously have like 4000 photos! AK!
Looks beautiful :-)

Ashley said...

Mary, your pages look great!! I only wish I had so much patience.. My scrapbook pages are VERY basic, like they take me 1 min to complete. I think your doing an excellent job!