Monday, March 15, 2010

Cleaning out the Clutter ...

So tonight, I did something I've done 2 other times since having Drew ...

I cleaned out my closet and drawers.

And yet, I still have nearly 2 garbage bags full of clothes to donate.

How do I have this much STUFF?!

Oh, and there's still more I could've gotten rid of. For example, a size 4(?!?!?!?!?!) skirt that I wore the night of my rehearsal dinner that I am just so in love with and *convinced* it's a "big" 4, so maybe one day I'll be able to fit in it again. Must...stop...laughing...

But I digress

Cleaning out the clutter makes me happy! It makes me feel less constricted and more free. Sure, my basement and garage (and storage shed) are still crammed to the gills with yet more STUFF. Sure, my cousin is still holding on to 90% of my childhood memories at her house up north. But, I got rid of some of my STUFF today and I feel much more liberated as a result.

Because, who needs 10 pair of black pants anyway? Not me!

2 comments:

Wodzisz Family said...

I have promised myself and my family to start cleaning the clutter tomorrow. I have put it off long enough. My guess is I can get rid of 10 bags of stuff tomorrow and not even notice it. I have suits that I have not worn in 10 years...the benefits of working from home...why do I keep them? BTW: I wish I had a size 4 of anything...maybe my mom has some of my clothes from high school!

Bill and Mary said...

I have no idea why I have kept half of the stuff I am throwing out or giving away. It's almost sad. :) Oh that skirt! I think part of the reason I have it is to prove that, even if it was just for a short time, I fit into a size 4 in SOMETHING. ;)