Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ramblings ....

The kitchen demo is underway and within 6-8 weeks (hopefully), we should have the kitchen of our dreams. Well, the kitchen of our dreams within the confines of the space allotted to us to work in. Drew and I have bid a hasty farewell to our home for the safety (and quietness) of my father and stepmother's home. Bill will join us when he is able to do so. Thankfully, my sister only lives 2 streets over, so I get to visit with her and her family lots during this time. We should only be here for 1 month, just to get the kitchen back to functional. Doesn't have to be pretty, just needs a floor and working appliances. I will post pics of the finished product.

This week and month are pretty busy for me. I have meetings at least once/week, I am still running down by my house with my friend, and I am working too! WA-HOO!!! I have 2 events this week and will be traveling to NY to work next weekend. SO EXCITED!!! It's kind of bizarre being out here at my Dad's, because I keep forgetting my life is still going on around me, and so I have things to prep and things to do, just like I would at home, but that's lost on me. I hope that improves or else I am going to be in trouble.

This month I will also be purchasing my sewing machine and getting to work on some projects, in preparation of my sewing class in May. I am also "running" the 5K at MSU the first weekend in May, so the prep work for that continues even though I am 30 minutes away from my house and running partner. And I need to complete Drew's 1st year scrapbook. That is my goal for April-May, to finish that sucker. I am supposed to be working on his Baptism page(s) today (he was 10 wks, so I have a TON more to do after this), but I haven't started because I am currently in a food coma. I went to lunch with my niece, her boyfriend, my nephews and Drew today...a late lunch...and Drew is taking a food induced late nap...at nearly 5pm.

No comments: