Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Life as a Single Mom

...for a few days anyway.

In the last two weeks, I have gotten to try my hand at being a single parent not once, but twice. I don't like it. Don't get me wrong, I am staying at home with Drew because I WANT to, but that doesn't mean I don't like a little "ME" time at the end of my long day.

Oops, did I just admit that?

I guess I did.

Well, I do. I can't help it. I like to do whatever I either need to do or want to do during my ME time. Uninterrupted. At my own pace. And do it up nicely.

Especially now that I am working from home.

And, quite frankly, I don't get that during my single parenting days. So, to all my single parent friends, my hat's off to you...I don't know how you do it. I am too pooped when Drew hits the hay to do anything but lay on the couch after I finish up the evening "chores." And while I love me some Dancing with the Stars, it isn't exactly the best use of ME time.

Today's Single Parenting Adventure:

I get to drag Drew along with me to get my eyebrows waxed. I am thinking about all the ways this can turn out to be a disaster so I may have a fighting chance at avoiding it. I think the women who will be there getting manis and pedis will be grateful if I've at least thought out how to win the war of the screaming toddler so they may continue with their relaxing days at the "spa." (I really don't know what else to call it...my nail tech does my eyebrows. She's awesome. Go see her. Ly at Jolie Nails) Anyway, I will be "that Mom" today. The one who, undoubtedly, interrupts another Mom's serenity for a few moments by dragging my 17 month old to the place no 17 month old should go. To the mother's sanctuary.

Again, single parents, I have to hand it to you...I don't know how you do it.

3 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

We did a little "Truthful Tuesday" on my blog today about taking time for M.O.M-- I'm sorry you're not getting to give yourself a little TLC for the time-being!

I hear ya on the single mom thing-- I feel like a single mom on the night's DH works...

~Elizabeth

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Glad you found my blog, too!

Wow, that was rough having to take him to the mom's sanctuary. At least you weren't there for a relaxing treatment! It's hard when hubby has to work late - I hate those days myself, too. Hubby used to travel more than he does now, but we didn't have the kids then. I know my time will come again though.

Looking forward to reading more!

Tamara
www.theunexperiencedmom.com

Bill and Mary said...

Hey Ladies!

I learned my lesson ... he was an angel. I need to not expect the worst! :) He really did well, I was so happy...and Ly just loved on him.