I'd like to thank both Jade and Elizabeth for giving me the "Honesty Award" at the "Bloggies" (as I am calling them) that are circulating the internet these days. Seriously though, thank you. My goal here is to be as honest as possible about my struggles, my joys, my faith and my family.And so it continues ...
Here's how the award works:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
2. Share 10 honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 other whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
4. Tell those 7 people they have been awarded.
OK, here goes ... 10 honest factoids:
1. I am a complete control freak. I hate when things are outside of my control...I try to pray on it, and the Serenity Prayer is good, but I still struggle with this daily
2. I used to play old musical albums (Sound of Music, West Side Story, etc...) and put on "shows" for no one in our living room. Typically this was done when no one else was home, so sadly after I turned 12 yrs of age. Yes, when I should've been figuring out which outfit I was going to wear to a dance or how to talk to the boy I liked, I was performing as Leisel (my fave song was "Sixteen Going On Seventeen") to our couch. Hey...being the youngest by over 9 yrs kind of makes you like an only child sometimes....hence why I also held "skating parties" in my basement and just skated around to music on my own. (holding an "L" to my forehead)
3. I have recently developed a fear of fun things such as skiing, riding rides at amusement parks, and just generally anything that might cause death by some freak accident. I am no fun anymore!
4. I am going to try and run a 5K in May. I think. I am going to start training in January because if I start now, Christmas and my schedule will derail that. I am looking into programs now...and I am taking suggestions.
5. I love things being neat and organized, but I cannot throw anything out! I am getting better about this, but between Bill and I, our house is full of stuff that has no business being there. Our basement looks like a bomb went off it it. And I have more stuff waiting for me "up north" in storage. *sigh* One day I'll have a clutter free home...I just know it.
6. I am OCD about labeling or organization, however. Everything has to be in alphabetical order, or symmetrical, or centered EXACTLY in the middle of where it should be. My clothes are in order by length of sleeve (or absence of) for shirts and skirts first, then capris, then full length pants, for bottoms.
7. I am slightly overwhelmed by how large of a task bringing awarness to CHD is. It seems almost insurmountable at times...it seems like we will never get there...that it will ever be on the same level as Autism or Breast Cancer. Where is our Jenny McCarthy (only less abrasive)?!?! How can Dr. Oz and The Doctors have shows on accepting hermaphrodites and smelly ear wax, respectively, and NOTHING ON CHD?! Blows my mind.
8. I am still angry about my Mom dying. Always will be. It's not fair that any child should have to grow up without a parent.
9. I am still angry about my niece dying, my cousin's son dying, my friend's children dying, any child dying. Always will be. It's not fair that any parent should have to bury a child.
10. I am thankful everyday for my faith, without which I would've surely lost my sanity by now. It gives me an achor, something to cling to, even in my darkest days. I don't know how people without faith survive hard times.
OK, Elizabeth was right, that was HARD!!!
Here are my 7 "awardees": (you will be receiving your personal notifications ASAP!)
1. Jess (http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/)
2. Juli (http://babymaverick.blogspot.com/)
3. Andrea (http://redbudcorp.blogspot.com/)
4. Stephanie (http://kammeraadfamily.blogspot.com/)
5. Levi (http://www.babyaidensjourney.com/)
6. Kelly (http://chdbabies.blogspot.com/)
7. Isabelle (http://andreswalkwithchd.blogspot.com/)








4 comments:
Loved seeing your "truths"-- I was right there with you on a lot of them!
Is there an "It's My Heart" chapter in my area? I'd LOVE to do a story on CHD awareness at the station!
Thanks for the award Mary! I just feel that when we are honest about ourselves it gives others permission to be too. :)
thanks so much for the award!!! I will do my part on my personal blog http://themanzfamily.blogspot.com
im also trying to push for mandatory PulseOx on newborns. I have contact my local rep to try and get a bill passed as well as the hospitals themselves to try and get them to change policy. It saved Chloe's life!
You asked for help with wanted to run a 5k - this past summer i hated running, never would last past 2 minutes, etc. Then I did the Couch to 5k Program http://www.c25k.com/. IT CHANGED MY LIFE! I can run up to an hour straight now! I did 2 5ks this fall. Download the podcasts and do exactly what he says. You can do it!!!
Thanks for the award, Mary! This will sound cliche but "honesty is the best policy".
Post a Comment