
Another warrior, Luke, enjoys a cookie:

CHD Warrior, Alex, and his big brother, Andrew:

My friends and their kiddos came out to support us...from left to right: Andrea, Evan, Amelia, Michelle, Me and Drew (our kids have been friends since before birth!) ... in the background is our Treasurer, Andrea, and her CHD Warrior, Miss Amelia:

Me and Drew on the field after the race:

WOW! What an amazing event! (and this is coming from a Spartan!)
On Sunday, October 4th, It's My Heart - Metro Detroit had the privilege of participating in the Big House Big Heart 5K/10K/1Mile Fun Run at the University of Michigan. We also had a booth at the Expo the day before. We are truly humbled by our experience. Not only did we have a lot of people stop by our booth to inquire about our organization, make a donation, or take information...we had the love and support of good friends and family on race day. Nearly 50 people participated with us. Some did the 10K, some ran the 5K, some walked, and some did the 1 mile...but we all joined together to help bring awareness to CHD. And we raised approximately $7800 to help CHD families in the Metro Detroit area. That is just amazing to me. Thank you to everyone involved!!
I need to also thank all of my supporters who donated to me and helped me raise over $800! I could not have done any of this without each and every one of you. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your generosity. With times being what they are, the fact that everyone was so generous is even more humbling to me. I promise you will each get a proper thank you in the near future. :)
I hope you enjoy the pictures above. I will post more when I get the professional ones from my friend, Tabby.








1 comment:
Congratulations on your fundraising efforts! Looks like you guys had a great time!
Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com
Post a Comment