Saturday, October 24, 2009

Angel Aiden

Please pray for the family of Aiden Matthew Beers. After battling through an SVT episode that nearly took his life a few days prior to his surgery, then making an astonishing recovery from that, Aiden was called home to Jesus Friday evening. Levi and Tracy are questioning their faith right now, and rightly so. They are angry, they are grieving, they are feeling the ultimate hurt one can feel...to lose his or her own child. It isn't right. The good news is: God can handle it. He can handle our anger, our sadness, our venom. We must try to cling to Him in times such as these, but if we can't, He understands. And when we're ready, there He is, to welcome us back into His embrace. God's ways are not our own, that has been said to death...and is annoying when one is grieving, as I can attest to. Unfortunately for us humans, it is the truth.

I leave this post with some words of love for Aiden and comfort for Levi and Tracy. They are songs that I love and that I hope bring you some comfort during this time.

Godspeed (Dixie Chicks) ... you can hear this on my page ...

Dragon tales and the "water is wide"
Pirate's sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you

Godspeed little man
Sweet Dreams little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night
On angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet Dreams

The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight Moon, we'll find the mouse
And I love you

Godspeed little man
Sweet Dreams little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night
On angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet Dreams

God bless Mommy and matchbox cars
God bless Dad and thanks for the stars
God hears Amen wherever we are
And I love you

Godspeed little man
Sweet Dreams little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night
On angels wings
Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed
Sweet Dreams

With Hope (Steven Curtis Chapman)

This is not at all
How we thought it was supposed to be
We had so many plans for you
We had so many dreams
And now you've gone away
And left us with the memories of your smile
And nothing we can say
And nothing we can do
Can take away the pain
The pain of losing you...

(chorus)
But we can cry with hope
We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
There's a place where we'll see your face again

And never have I known
Anything so hard to understand
And never have I questioned more
The wisdom of God's plan
But through the cloud of tears
I see the Father smile and say well done
And I imagine you
Where you wanted most to be
Seeing all your dreams come true
'Cause now you're home and now you're free

(chorus)

We have this hope as an anchor
'Cause we believe that everything
God promised us is true so...

We wait with hope
And we ache with hope
We hold on with hope
We let go with hope

2 comments:

ALI said...

Mary - thanks for sharing this update... My heart breaks for Aiden's parents, Levi & Tracy. I will keep them in my prayers as they navigate their way through my biggest fear, losing a child.

Your beautiful post shows the strength in your faith.

Many hugs and prayers!

Ashley said...

I am so incredibly sad to hear that Aiden hs left us. My thoughts and prayers are with Levi & Tracy.