Friday, October 23, 2009

Thirty-One/First Support Group Meeting

As I've posted under the "my info" section, I recently became a Consultant with Thirty-One (www.thirtyonegifts.com). I am excited about this new opportunity in my life, as it will hopefully give me a way to earn money while staying at home with Drew. We have been very blessed that I have been able to be home with him for nearly one year and I would like to continue to do so. I am also used to paying my own way in life and feel that I need to contribute financially to the family as well. Please consider visiting my website, as the holidays are coming up! There are tons of cute items for little girls and boys, teen girls, ladies of all ages and new Moms!!! My website is located on the right, under my picture. My first party, my launch party, is this Thursday. If you are a FB friend, you should've received an invitation this past week. Even if you're not able to make it in person, I am able to take outside orders via my website. Simply go to Order after selecting your items and it will have you choose your hostess. Select my name and place your order. The order will be submitted on the day on my party and can be shipped directly to you! Happy Shopping!!

It's My Heart - Metro Detroit News ...

Our first support group meeting will be Monday, October 26th, at 7:00pm. We will be meeting at the Plymouth Library in the Storytime Room. Please feel free to come on out, meet us and share in our common bond/lend support to one another. Also, if you simply want to attend because this cause means something to you, but you have not been directly affected by CHD, we would LOVE to have you. This is not just for those of us affected by it. In the months to come, we hope to have Adult Survivors of CHD to speak at our meetings. This first meeting will be more of a "roundtable" format. It will be pretty low key and we will be able to talk about our experience with CHD, or what drew one to the cause if he/she has not been directly affected by it. In addition, we can discuss our concerns, fears, experiences with the local hospitals/surgeons/cardiologists and what we would like to see happen as far as raising awareness about CHD and funding for research are concern.

We hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Hey Mary! Since you are so honest with us on your blog, I've got an award for you over on mine!