Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Truthful Tuesdays

I will return to my regularly scheduled CHD Awareness programming in my next post, but today I wanted to try something new ...

Truthful Tuesdays

I don't have the button graphic to go with this post today (*bad blogger*), but I will have it next week.

So, today's Truthful Tuesdays question (borrowed from Elizabeth at http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.com/) is:

"What body part are you least satisfied with?"

Oh my...I have to choose just one? Really? Is "entire lower body" an appropriate response? I have the arms I had back in my softball days (I was a catcher) once again, thanks to my hefty little man, but from mid-torso on down looks like a train wreck. Even if you overlook the stretch marks and cellulite, it's a hot mess. I have always been pear shaped, but my post-baby body has given this shape new meaning. My muscle tone is completely AWOL and my stomach ... ohhhhh my stomach ... I can't even begin to speak about the massive damage pregnancy did to my stomach (and yes, I would do it all over again for Drew!).

Also included in Elizabeth's post, is a pledge to be "hot and healthy" from now through the holidays ...

I pledge to help myself become "hot and healthy" by doing the following:

*Planks/Ab Exercises 3x every week
*Eating right, darn it!
*Walking 6-12 miles/week

Unlike Elizabeth, however, I refuse to post any before pics. More power to you my friend, I am not that brave. If you're looking for those, head to my FB account and check any picture from mid-pregnancy on...you'll get the picture.

So now, I am passing it on to you ... what will you do to become or stay "hot and healthy" this holiday season?

1 comment:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Woo hoo, thanks for playing along! I think you're way too hard on yourself (I know I am too), I think you look great!

~Elizabeth