Sunday, April 19, 2009

Katie's Teacher

This post is specifically for Katie's teacher...if and when you check this blog, if you would, please send me a post. I would love to get in touch with you to discuss your child's CHD and offer resources and support to you and your family. I know how scary all of this can be...

I also want you to know about an awesome support board for CHD Moms:

http://community.babycenter.com

Search for Babies and Children with Heart Problems.

I am praying for you and your precious little one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Thank you for your message. It has been a difficult and overwhelming time for my husband and I. Our baby will be born with Ebsteins Anamoly. She is due June 13th. I am currently on bedrest in hopes that she stays put until she is fully developed. We are unsure about a lot of things and are also very worried and scared. It is helpful to know that there are others out there that know what we are going through. I appreciate your concern.
Thank you.

Bill and Mary said...

I can imagine how scary and overwhelming all of this is. I am praying that your bedrest goes smoothly and baby girl has time to grow. If you are comfortable with it, I would check out the Babycenter board...I am sure we have some Mommies with kids who have Ebstein's Anomaly. From what I've read about it, it seems that surgery is a likely course of action. If you are with Children's in Detroit, Dr. Delius did Drew's open heart surgery and is wonderful. Made me feel like he was in the best hands. It wasn't easy to watch him go through this, but these heart babies are amazingly resilient and astonishing. My prayers continue to be with you, your husband and your precious baby girl.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words and prayers. We appreciate the care and concern. Also, thank you for the information you gave us. Yes, we figure surgery will be likely down the road. It's hard to deal with so many uncertainties. I am praying that our prayers are answered and that God takes care of our little girl. God bless your little one.