Drew is officially all over the place! He's still going backwards, but he's moving from room to room now. Lord help us! This is the biggest impact I've seen the surgery make. He is acting like I would expect a healthy nearly 11 month old to act and before, he would make two movements, then give up. And seem winded. Thank God for skilled surgeons.
We've had a busy weekend! Yesterday (Saturday) was my nephew, Chris' Confirmation. Bill was his Sponsor, which is pretty cool on a couple of levels. One, this is my biological nephew, not Bill's and two, he is my Godson. Bill was pretty happy about being selected, as he's never been chosen for such an honor before, and it's a mystery to me how that's happened. We all got to the Church about 45 mins before Mass started, then Mass lasted 2 hrs. I think Drew was pretty much done with everything by that point, but he was still in a good mood. I am so blessed to have a wonderful family who helped me out, as Bill sat with Chris. Even my 18 and 15 year old nephews, Matt and Sean, helped too. I am going to include pics in a separate post.
Today was the blood drive at my Church. As per the norm, turnout was pretty pathetic. I am hoping to meet with the organizers at our Church to hopefully help increase turnout by putting a real face to the "who you are helping" picture. Bill is going to do the same at his work. I had not been able to give blood in quite some time, my iron levels were always trending toward anemia, but today I was able to! YAY! I must say, it felt good to pay it forward, as I have been witness to someone benefiting from a donation. Also, be on the lookout for posts about the 5k run our chapter is planning to do. I have a few more things to tweak before we're official and then, we're going to start fundraising for the event!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and the weather has been gorgeous where you are!
15 years later
1 year ago








2 comments:
I dont think I've ever been so happy to hear that a child is on the move! Yay Drew!!
You are such an amazing person. As busy as you are with Drew, yet you still find time to do things to help other CHD babies. I'm going to try to follow in your footsteps. Thanks for all your encouragement.
Post a Comment