Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Yay! Drew was discharged yesterday from CHM!

We had to undergo a crappy experience with the radiology staff prior to being released, but our wonderful Cardiovascular Staff Nurse, Janet, went to bat for us. CHM has the best doctors, nurses and staff. I always felt like Drew was in the most capable and caring hands. I never questioned their expertise or compassion. Or, for that matter, their passion for their jobs.

He has been doing well...he hates Lasix, can't blame him, so we're "hiding" it in fruit for now. He's slowly starting back up on solids because I need to make sure he's taking over 30 oz of formula/day for the time being. When he's on his normal schedule, he only takes in 24 oz. He flipped over on his belly this morning and pushed up with his arms for awhile, then I think it began to bother him. He has been SO bored with not being able to move as much, so we're slowly reintroducing him to movement. We need to be careful, but we don't have to avoid it. We just have to lift him a different way for awhile. We are also making his bed like his hospital bed was for a little bit longer. I just don't want anything happening to his incision...it hasn't even been one week!

Again, thank you for your continued prayers and words of love and support. They mean the world to all of us and are helping Drew come through all of this like a champ!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

That's great! I had no idea he'd get to go home so soon. I'm sure that will help speed up his recovery even more.

Mom 2 André said...

Drew is such a little fighter, you can see it in his big smiling face. I'm so happy for you guys! I know so well what it feels like taking your little guy home! Enjoy every moment. It's a new chapter, it's Drew's second chance at life. May God continues His Blessing and Healing on your lives.

JadeyGC06 said...

I'm so glad he's home already and wanting to move around already. I'll keep Drew in my prayers for a speedy recovery. BIG HUGS Mary!