For those of you in S.E. Michigan, please consider donating blood at St. Mary on April 26th, or your local place of worship or your local American Red Cross location if you are not from this area. I believe the blood drive begins at 9:00 or 9:30...I still have to sign up, our Priest gave the wrong information at Mass yesterday! ;) Anyway, I will keep you all posted. Usually these drives have poor turnouts, so let's make this a good one and get out there to pay it forward for all the blessings in our lives. I am especially grateful to give blood, considering Drew just recently benefited from others gifts and I know my donation will help save another's life.
If you have never given blood, please don't be scared. It's so simple and not very painful. Be brave. After seeing what Drew, Amelia, and all the other kids at CHM had to endure, I do not feel I have the right to complain about pain ever again, to be honest. I have never in my life seen someone bounce back so quickly from such a major procedure, or be so pleasant so much of the time while recovering. We can all learn something from these kids.
So, please, consider donating blood...if not now, then soon. Thank you!
15 years later
1 year ago








No comments:
Post a Comment