Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Financial Support for CHD Research and Advocacy Programs

For those of you who may be wondering how you can help the cause, I would implore that you seek out a CHD support group, or CHD fund granting institution, such as the Children's Heart Foundation. Naturally, when you think of heart problems, you think of The American Heart Association. It is a wonderful institution that does a lot of good work. Sadly, the funding they provide for CHD research is barely minimal...it equates to 1/3 of every penny raised. We (CHD community) share that penny with Obesity and Diabetes.

So...if you are specifically looking to support CHD causes, please consider the following organization:

It's My Heart (http://www.itsmyheart.org/)

Why this one? Well, because your's truly is currently working with IMH to establish a Metro Detroit Chapter. If you're a CHD parent, please post if you are interesting in joining once we're up and running. You can also email us...our Chapter email address is metrodetroit@itsmyheart.org. My friend, Andrea, and I will be working hard to get this up and running by mid-summer. We have some fundraisers that will be coming up in the fall/winter timeframe most likely, so if you'd like to donate to us specifically, you may want to wait. But, I implore you to give what you can to help us in this fight. No amount is too small and we owe it to these brave warriors to fight for them, and, of course, we owe it to all our sweet angels to fight on in their names.

Thank you!

1 comment:

Mom 2 André said...

I wish you all the success with this chapter. I know I'm in MA, but if there's anything "virtually" I can help you with, I'll help! I'll keep my eyes opened for families in your area. I'm so excited for you guys!!