Wow, it's been some time since I've been on here! I think I'll spend this post recapping some highlights from the last couple of weeks, starting with Christmas!
This year, we spent Christmas with Bill's family. Long ago, when Bill and I first discussed holidays and how to equally spend time with both families, we originally decided to do every other year with his family, since they live a couple of hours away from us. Well, now that Drew is here, we both really want him to spend Christmas morning at home, so we will either go in to visit Bill's family at some point during the holidays OR they are always welcome to spend the actual days with us here. Anyway, we all had a great time on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and Drew was spoiled rotten by his grandparents!!! We also were able to take family pictures the day after Christmas and they turned out quite nicely. Hopefully I'll be able to scan some in when I get our's and post them here.
New Years was spent at my good friend's house, playing Rock Band. I need this game. It has become an addiction. Never in my life did I ever see myself admitting to wanting a video game, but it's SO MUCH FUN. We had a great time playing Rock Band until it was nearly mindnight, then we played The Price is Right. This old lady went to bed at 2am, and paid for it the entire next day!!! But, it was fun!
We also hosted an IMH gathering at our house to end the holiday season. I am so proud of our group and how far we have come in only a few short months (since May). We have a really great group of ladies, and we are welcoming some new members to the group as well. Our first major fundraiser is still scheduled for February 6th from 5pm-7pm at The Grapevine in Novi. Please send me a message if you live the Metro Detroit area and would like to attend! We have some WONDERFUL silent auction items. IMH continues to hold meetings every last Monday of the month, they are being held in Royal Oak now from 7pm-8pm at the Community/Senior Center. We would love to have you join us!
Lastly, I have some prayer requests:
Jan, my sister's friend, who is in the end stages of cancer. Pray that her final moments with her family are peaceful and loving. Pray for her children, who are only teenagers, and her husband. Also, pray for her parents...no parent should have to bury a child.
Logan, a CHD Warrior, who will be having surgery this week. Pray that it is successful and that he has a quick and uneventful recovery period. Pray for strength and peace for his parents and brother.
Katie, another CHD Warrior, who is facing the very real possibility of a heart transplant. She is only 3 yrs old. Her mother was actually told to prepare herself for the fact that she will outlive her child. Can you even imagine hearing those words? Pray for this sweet girl, her parents and brother.
Colin, CHD Warrior, who is still being weaned off the vent (slowly but surely) following many complications after his arterial switch a couple of months ago. This has been an agonizingly slow and painful road for him, his brothers and his parents. Please keep them all in your prayers.
A general prayer for all sick children, their families and friends. Having a sick child is not easy, it is a stressed filled time, with a lot of unknowns, anger, sadness and frustration. Pray for these families, that the Lord will bless them with peace and recovery.
15 years later
1 year ago








1 comment:
It was so nice to read your update...We get so wrapped up in the heart world, we forget that we have "regular" lives sometimes. I am so grateful for all you do...such a voice of optimism and sanity. Here's to a wonderful 2010. So glad I know you...Annamarie, 1in100
Post a Comment