Please check out the following site for two well written blogs on the embryonic vs. adult stem cell debate.
http://nathansprayer.com/
A fellow blogger has posted the Dr. Oz footage from Oprah when he stated that he feels adult stem cells are the way for cures to diseases such as Parkinson's. Unfortunately, this went unnoticed by many people and did not receive much press. So, those who still equate stem cells ONLY with embryos may still be in the dark. And, since stem cell research may lead to cures/treatments for CHD as well, this is definitely important to me. Also, as someone who is pro-life, I cannot advocate for embryonic stem cells to be used in the reasearch...as hard as that might be for some people to understand, I just can't. BUT, I am a proponent of umbilical cord blood, umbilical cord stem cells and adult stem cells. And it does appear that adult stem cells make the most sense, and Dr. Oz puts forth a very convincing argument as to why (in my opinion anyway).
Anyway, please check out her site and listen to what Dr. Oz has to say. Also, check out her post on the work her son is doing. It's amazing what science can do these days...and without ethics being called into question!
15 years later
1 year ago








3 comments:
Bill and Mary, thank you for recommending my website, NathansPrayer.com and for standing up for human life. My youngest son has Scimitar Syndrome, a rare heart condition. His surgery in 2006 was successful and we are grateful. But, like you, we would not want to destroy human life in an attempt to find new treatments for congenital heart defects. And really, it's not necessary. Exciting treatments are coming through adult stem cell research:
http://nathansprayer.com/2009/06/12/dr-oz-the-stem-cell-debate-is-dead/
http://nathansprayer.com/2009/06/11/stem-cell-research-possibilities-for-congenital-heart-defects/
Karen~ Thanks for posting here! I tried to post on your site, but I had to sign up for it. I wanted to thank you for posting the Dr. Oz video and for posting about adult stem cell research! As you know, being a CHD parent, it is important to advocate for treatments for it...but being pro life like us, you also respect life in all its forms. And I really appreciate seeing someone coming out against destroying life in the "name" of saving lives. Thank you!
Sorry about that--trying to avoid spammers! But you can sign the guest book without signing up if you would like. Best wishes.
Post a Comment