In the wake of the murder of a prominent abortionist, I thought I would take some blog space to write about what it actually means to be pro-life.
Being pro-life means respecting ALL life. Life in all it's forms and stages. It does NOT mean killing someone and hiding behind being pro-life. If you are killing somebody, you are NOT pro-life. And please, recognize that before you further hurt our cause...a cause that is unpopular enough because of how abortion is marketed as a "right" owed to women, a right to "choose" what they do with their bodies.
Now, this man performed late term abortions in his clinic...and late term abortions can only be described as murder...but it does not give anyone the right to take his life. And certainly not in a place of worship. My goodness. Have some respect for the Lord while you're at it. Do not kill in His house. He deserved to live his life to its natural end, and come before the Lord to answer for his sins if he is not repentant for them. He is someone's loved one and they are grieving now. It is all very wrong. "An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind." (I am NOT pro-death penalty either, I am a true pro-lifer...they will answer for their crimes on Judgment Day)
Please, those of you out there who want to point out what a bunch of hypocrites pro-lifers are, this in no way reflects the TRUE vision of this movement. It is a shameful act and I am outraged by it, as is any true pro-lifer.
Thank you...I am off my soapbox now and back to CHD and my family...
15 years later
1 year ago








2 comments:
Thanks for sharing these thoughts. Immediately upon hearing this tragic news, many leading pro-life activists and organizations quickly condemned the act and said it in no way reflects the true nature of the pro-LIFE cause. It is sad what I have heard since then. I have heard pro-lifers being compared to terrorists! Anyone who is truly pro-life agrees that what happened to Dr. Tiller is a tragedy. No matter how much I loathed his actions, he did not deserve to die this way. Pro-life is pro-LIFE...100% of the time!
Suzanne
Amen!
Post a Comment