Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Consultation and Other Random Things


Tomorrow is our consulation with the Dr. at Children's who will be performing Drew's valvuloplasty. For some reason our insurance claim (which was approved, thank God) is being sent to another Dr. in the same practice, so I had to confirm we were meeting with the Dr. I thought we were meeting with. And we are, so that is bizarre. I am a little bit nervous, and it's just a consultation. I want to feel prepared for Monday, and I don't think I will, no matter how many questions I ask or what kind of vibe I get.


As most of you know, Drew is a bit behind with his Gross Motor Development. Partly this is due to his weight and partly due to his abhoration of tummy time. Recently, he's begun bouncing on his feet and more consistently pushing up on his arms, which gives me hope that perhaps he is trying to get somewhere. I know, I know, be careful what I wish for, but this heart thing is so taxing, it would just be nice to see some real progress in his GMD. I fear what his Ped might say if he isn't at least scootching more at his 9 month appt. But, what can I do? I can't make him move. So, it is what it is.


Sleep continues to be rare in the Brown household. We're semi-convinced Drew is teething or working on a new milestone or both. And we're less convinced, but it's still a thought, that he just simply enjoys seeing our "happy" faces at 3am. I know I am not alone in this, thanks to my BBC friends. They comiserate with me nearly daily and help me to feel normal about still not getting any real sleep 8 months into Drew's life. :)


And last, but certainly not least, my hat's off to the Steelers on their SIXTH Super Bowl victory! Woot!!!

No comments: