Drew and I went shopping yesterday for outfits to wear after he has his surgery. Old Navy and Kohls were both having sales, so I picked them up for next to nothing. I really wanted something to express the message we're trying to convey about Drew's resiliency and toughness in undergoing open heart surgery at such a young age. So, he has a one piece, button up outfit that says "Tough Guy," a onesie that says "Mommy's Tough Guy" and button up PJs that say "Mom's Hero." This is in addition to his t-shirt from CafePress that states "I have a CHD heart...and you thought you were tough." He also got some other clothing items he needed, most notably adorable swim trunks for summer (in two sizes, so he should be all set) and the UV protection shirt to go with them. Bring on the beach!
Drew was the perfect shopping companion, content to nap in his stroller the entire time. I was reminded of a line from my baby book that my Mom wrote..."she was a very good girl, slept the entire time, and was admired by all the customers." Just substitute boy for girl, and you have the 2009 version of that statement. I am sure my Mom is watching over her youngest grandson now and always.
15 years later
1 year ago








1 comment:
Cute post! It's great to read about your shopping trip and the cute things you picked out for him. Now, I'll do anything for a sleeping baby in the stroller. What's your trick? Please share!! Seriously!! I can't wait to get the CHD shirts; there's so many to choose from, but what a great idea to wear the awareness!! Your little boy sure is a little warrior, because his mommy and daddy are too!
Post a Comment