Monday, December 14, 2009

Like My New Look?

It's all thanks to a new, and very special, Heart Mom friend. She has graciously volunteered her time to make Brownie Bites (so silly, but I love that name) look fantastic. We will soon have a new font style as well. I could not be more pleased with how this is turning out! Thank you SOOOO much!!!

Today was our bake sale at CHM. We did fairly well! Moreover, we were able to put our faces to our names (and comfort bags), speak with the medical staff, patients and were even blessed enough to meet a new heart family. Please keep them in your prayers. Their son has been at CHM for about 8 weeks, following an arterial switch procedure, and his recovery has been anything but smooth sailing. He is a precious little man, as I had the privilege of seeing him up on the floor today. His parents are weary, as you might expect, and scared. Pray that God stays close to their sides and holds them up during this time. That He gives them the strength to endure these trials and that their sweet little man is soon on his way to recovery...and home!!!!

I feel so honored to be able to do what I do. Tomorrow, it's off to Mott to deliver more Comfort Bags. I am so STINKIN' excited!!! I get so giddy about this type of stuff. :) Then, we're supposed to pick up Drew's Christmas pics ... but I can't find our information (whoops), so I don't know how that's going to work out exactly.

Christmas is fast approaching! I have wrapped up all my Thirty-One parties and am preparing for 2010 now. We are doing all the last minute shopping that needs to be done and starting to wrap. All of Drew's presents have been wrapped and placed under the tree (which is being guarded by a playpen type thing since Drew decided the lights looked tasty one day) and our house is quite festive looking! Of course, the most important reason for the season has not been forgotten in all our hustle and bustle. Drew likes to hug our Nativity Scene (it's all one piece) and we read about Baby Jesus and sing Christian Christmas songs about his birth. We have the honor of seeing his cousin, Maddie, perform with the Children's Choir on Christmas Eve as we will be visiting with Bill's family during the holidays this year. We will also hopefully be doing family pictures while there, as well as pictures with my family once we return.

I am sure I will be on here before then, but Merry Christmas in advance and Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish friends!

3 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Your volunteer work amazes me. I always wonder what I'd do if I got the chance to be a SAHM, and I hope I'd put my time to good use for not only my family, but for my community, as you have.

~Elizabeth

Michelle said...

Ooh I do like the new look! Looks great! Also way to go on the bake sale and best wishes with the comfort bags, that is awesome you are able to do this.

Rachelle said...

It is ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE it!!!!
:-D