Thursday, August 13, 2009

On to the next phase...

We finally have the results in from Drew's ultrasound and his chromosome analysis...both are normal. The u/s showed his right kidney's intrarenal collecting chamber is more "full" than they would normally see, a result that has a fellow heart mom (and a kidney mom) concerned that it might lead to infection in the future based on her experience, so we will definitely be following up on that result. The chromosome analysis showed a normal male "diploid(?)", but advised that we get a microarray analysis (which the Geneticist recommended too) because this type of test doesn't diagnose single gene disorders...which we knew going into it, but to satisfy insurance, you have to start there.

So, what next? We contact our insurance company with the codes we've been given. If they need more information, we give them whatever they need. A preapproval is a MUST for this because this is a new procedure and it costs $1530. We would like to avoid paying this, if at all possible. So, after that, I think we wait about 2 months and then, go from there.

Seriously, I just want answers. Whether it's Noonan, something else, or nothing that caused Drew's CHD, I just want to know.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm praying for you all! I Hope insurance covers the cost and you can get some much needed answers soon!

Leslie said...

Mrs. Brown,
I hope all is well! Drew's such a handsome little guy, and getting so big!! Such an awesome thing to spread the CHD awareness and provide support to others!
Leslie :)

Bill and Mary said...

Leslie! Hi! Thanks! Hope to be speaking with you all soon. :)