Friday, August 7, 2009

What a Cutie!



This is Sammy. Isn't he gorgeous?? Sammy is a very special boy and today, I donated blood in his memory. I've blogged about him before, in June, when he passed away 8 days before his 1st birthday. I had the great fortune to meet Sammy's Mom, Christina, on my support board for heart families. She lives in Southwest Michigan. I had contacted her about putting Sammy's name on our shirt (he'll be Sam on the shirt) and we got to talking and I found out she was putting together a blood drive in his honor. So, I called up my friend, Andrea, and she and I went down to Kalamazoo to donate! It was time for me to donate again and I was happy to be able to support Christina, her husband and two older boys. Talk about some CUTE kiddos! It was nice to be able to meet her in person and speak with her, however briefly, about Sam, Drew and Amelia. It's a connection we have, that I can't explain to parents not in our situation. I couldn't help but feel a bit guilty, I must admit, because I still have my beautiful Drew and her precious Sammy is home with God now. I know that's a normal feeling to have, and I also know it's completely irrational to feel that way, so it is what it is.

Hugs your kids extra tight tonight and pray for Sammy's family. Think of his gorgeous eyes (seriously, they make me swoon) and perfect smile, and be thankful for the gift of your children. He was such a gift to his family and he will be forever remembered and loved...by all of us.

No comments: