Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all Moms, Grandmas, and to those who are like a mother to someone!

My Mother's Day present came early, as Drew started saying Mama on Thursday!

Our day was pretty uneventful, but really nice! I got to "sleep in" before going to breakfast and Mass this morning. We're in transition at our Church, as our old Pastor (who was actually fairly new) was booted and we're waiting on a new Pastor to come to our Church. So, we have all these visiting Priests helping out and the Priest today told a lot of jokes, but forgot to bless all the Mothers!!!!! We did buy carnations to support Right to Life. Everytime I am at Church, I remember that I need to call the office and speak with the blood drive coordinator. I REALLY need to get on that this week. After Mass, we hung out at home for awhile, as Drew really needed a nap. So, I drank my berry chai from Starbucks (yum!) and watched my SNL from last night. Meh, it was OK. I like Justin Timberlake, and some of it was funny, but more and more, I am just watching it for Weekend Update. After Drew woke up and ate, we went to Art Van and took a look at some potential living room furniture...and I think we found a set we really like. So, I am super excited to get a move on with the basement and redoing the living room! YAY! Bill is making me dinner now, after getting Drew down for the night. We're having shrimp on skewers with veggies and this awesome salad he makes. Can't wait!! Next Saturday, I have my gift to myself...a facial and my hair appt. Next Sunday are Drew's pics, so we're finally getting some professional family pics too! My hair is a mess, so it needs some love. And I've never had a facial, so I am SUPER excited! Bill's gift to me were beautiful roses he and Drew picked out (will have to post pics later) and someone coming in to clean the house for me. He's such a good hubby!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Mary,

I had no idea. I'm so sorry for not keeping up! I'm so glad to see your little man healthy and happy. Thank God everyday for the tiniest little things and blessings.

Meredith and Olivia

Ashley said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Juli said...

Glad you have a reason to celebrate, now. Drew is lucky to have you as a mommy!