Brendan Joseph was born this morning at a healthy 7lbs 7oz and was 17.5 inches. His Mommy and Daddy even got to hold him for awhile before he was whisked away to the NICU. He will be there for an indefinite period of time while they assess what needs to be done. I believe he will undergo a valvuloplasty in the next few days and they will see how that goes. If it helps enough, he may not need the BT Shunt. If it does not, he will have open heart surgery to place the shunt and correct the regurgitation. But, right now, what matters is that he is here and healthy. Maureen, enjoy your little man!!
Talia is still on the vent and her parents have decided against the experimental surgery. Upon further research, it was found that the tricuspid valve replacement has a high mortality rate in infants, so they are going to go with the Glenn and Fontan to create a three chamber heart. Many babies undergo these procedures, and this is the way God made her, so they are not fighting it. Please pray that she is at least able to get off the vent soon and perhaps able to go home prior to the Glenn, as that won't be for a few months yet.
Both of these babies are fighters. They prove that every life deserves a chance and that more needs to be done in the way of research for CHD and to bring awareness to the cause.
15 years later
1 year ago








2 comments:
ason2008It still boggles my mind that CHD is the #1 birth defect and yet so little people know anything about it.You'll be happy to know that I did send my emails to my congressmen. Silly me though, I guess I thought I'd get a reply from them, lol.
Ashley ~ thanks hon! and you should at some point...I did from one of our Senators. Of course, now, I get a bunch of emails from him on all his votings...yay...
Post a Comment