Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Something Positive Today

God showed Himself to me late this afternoon. Drew crawled! It wasn't much, but it was crawling! I really thought he would skip right over it to walking at the rate he was going, content to bounce or scootch to what he wanted. But, he showed me! And God gave me something to smile about, and cheer on, today.

I will keep all of you posted on the appointment with the geneticist, Dr. Aughton. I am going to call tomorrow. I really hope we don't have to wait 2 months or something crazy for an appointment. I hate waiting. I am probably one of the most impatient people you will ever meet in your lifetime. I hide it well, but it's who I am! :) I have been reading more on legitimate sites about Noonan...I have come across a few other "anomalies" that Drew has that seem consistent with it, so we'll see. If he has it, Bill and I will also be tested to see if we passed it down, or if it is spontaneous.

4 comments:

Katiebear said...

YAY Drew!!! how exciting :) The wait is the killer, I hated that part.

Mom 2 André said...

Yay! God works in his mysterious ways indeed. I had the same fears as you up until I came across this product in Walmart, decided to give it a try, and it's been the best thing I bought for Andre, and he still plays with it, chases it everywhere in our little apartment. I don't know if you want to give it a try: http://www.geniusbabies.com/safari-roller---infantino.html. I'd keep an eye on him every time he uses it at the beginning. I swear, by a week's time after using this, Andre was crawling.

Tammy and Jon said...

Yay for Drew crawling! Go Drew!

Ashley said...

Yay for Drew crawling! I bet that made your heart feel SO good!