Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Geneticist Appt, Remembered the Correct Term, Other Things

Drew will see Dr. Aughton on July 1st. Nothing like waiting! I am going to ask for the blood test to be sure of it, whether visually, or through questioning, he agrees he has it or not. If Drew has Noonan Syndrome, both Bill and I will be tested. If one of us has it, I think they may make us speak with a genetic counselor before having our second child. I know Drew will have to do this if he chooses to have kids. I think that's what makes me sad. I know the syndrome doesn't define my child, I just hate that his life might not end up being exactly what he wants it to be if he does have this. It might give him pause about having kids, or his future wife pause, and that makes my heart sad. I want him to do whatever he wants to do, without worry. Oh well...I need to stop getting ahead of myself.

Also, for those of you who read my post on Drew's follow up, I remembered the correct term for the "pressure of the blood flow," it's called a gradient. It completely slipped my mind yesterday.

Drew and I went to Home Goods today and purchased a toy chest for him. It's red and cute, and I bought a sign that says "Take Me Out to the Ballgame!" and we're going to affix it to the top of the chest. I also got him a couple of other things. I really like that store. I haven't been there much, but they have a lot of cute pieces. If I ever have a room that's fairly eclectic, I will have to go there to purchase some. I think Design on a Dime must utilize that store a lot, along with Designed to Sell. They take it and transform it.

More crawling today! I will have to look into your suggestion, Isabelle. I think he would like that!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Yaaaa for crawling!
Mary, remember, we are given "problems" to test us and challenge us as people. They make us who we are. You have found something you are now very passionate about b/c of what you've been through with Drew's heart and surgery. He may come through this with a life view no one else has... perhaps he will end up adopting a child who desperately needs it if he chooses to not have biological children. I know we all think of the bad things that can bring, but try to think of some good things too!
HUGS!
And BOO on waiting for a darn appt, I hate that, I really really hate that.

Mom 2 André said...

If you start a protest against waiting, I'll take a plane right now and be first in line!
I agree 100% with what Rachelle said. Remember that God's plan is not what we want, but it sure is good if we learn how to wait in His timing, and have Faith in Him. Keeping a good perspective on bad situations daily is the key to being who we are today. For instance, with Drew's CHD, you have become a mom who is very strong and passionate. Drew lives with you everyday, and evidently he will grow up to be an exceptional young man who will defy any odds in his life. Imagine that!
Oh yeah, about the crawling toy, it's the best $6.99 I ever spent. I was really kicking myself for not having seen it sooner, but hey, better late than never, right?
Big hugs from me.