This is the day the Lord called my Mom home.
Today has been 29 yrs since that day. This event has had a profound impact on not only my life, but the lives of my siblings, grandparents and father. It's one of those times you ask "why?" Why would God choose to call home the mother of 4 kids who need her? Clearly, God has His reasons. Maybe she was too good for this earth. I don't know. Sometimes, I find myself thinking about the fact that, since I was 15 months old, I don't even know what her voice sounded like. I could tell you which local anchor is giving the news of the day blindfolded, but I couldn't pick out my own mother's voice if you played it for me. Crazy.
Drew and I went to visit her grave this morning. I had not been able to bring him there before. I had too many emotions about it. But, last night, I decided we were going. We got flowers and made our way there. Since it's been raining for forever, the ground was a soggy, muddy mess. I had to hold Drew the whole time we were there, which sadly was not long. I kept apologizing to my Mom in my head for "rushing through" everything. I will have to take him back there another time. I want to get pictures of him there. I guess that may seem weird to some, but he won't ever get to take a picture WITH her, so this is the best I can hope for.
15 years later
1 year ago








5 comments:
hugs...
Oh Mary. This was so touching. I didn't realize that you lost your mother when you were so young. BIG HUGS on this day hon.
Thanks ladies.
And Ashley...STOP reading this at work! lol ;)
Hugs! I lost my father when I was 17. It is amazing how it impacts all facets of your life. Your post was so sweet and so true. HUGS!
Now I know who left the flowers. I was there around 11:30 with flowers and saw that someone had already been there!! Thought and thinking all the same thoughts. I did get to know her a bit and hear her voice, but sadly, I don't think I could even pick it out at this point; it's been so long and I've forgotten so much. That is sad.
Post a Comment