Today was my first day back running in nearly one week...still not up to 25 minutes, but hanging in there at 15 minutes. The plan is to go back out tomorrow night and run again, this time at least 20 minutes, and then again on Friday and maybe Saturday. We need to get it where we are running all 3 miles (Map My Run, here I come) and we have VERY limited time to do this in. But, we're doing it, and that's the key.
Race is Sunday at Michigan State (Heart of a Spartan) and our 5K is at 9:10am. We will start on the outskirts of campus, go through campus, on to Grand River/Michigan Ave, down to Harrison and back on to campus...ending at Spartan Stadium! I am excited to run on to the field and see my time (Dear God, please let me run a 12 minute mile max if at all possible...haven't mapped my run to see how far my 15 minutes is, but I doubt it's more than a mile...*sigh*). I so desperately want to do a 10 minute mile, but there's no way in heck that is going to happen at this point!
I guess the main thing is that I am consistently active and...drum roll please...running, which is something I never thought I'd do. And an added bonus is that this is on MSU's campus. This will be Drew's first time at State (how sad is that?!) and we will be able to have photo ops at the Sparty statue, the stadiums and arenas, our old dorms, Bill's old house and Beaumont Tower...plus just be able to walk with him across campus, which is absolutely gorgeous!!
Go right thru....
15 years later
1 year ago








1 comment:
Well look at you go! Just what I needed to read this morning as I need to get motivated to start exercising again :) Good luck with your run!
Post a Comment