Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"To Those Whom Much Is Given ...

... Much Is Expected."

I think I got that right.

In any case, you get the point.

Since you are blessed by God, you are called to be a blessing to others. You are called to serve others. I have been thinking about this "quote" for a bit now. I know it is true for me in my calling to help raise awareness about CHD, as well as funding for research. I have been blessed with a beautiful, funny, charming little boy. A little boy born with a special heart. And because of this, I am able to help others through telling our story, being a support, raising money for research and creating awareness about CHD. I am blessed because I have my son, he is with me, and I know far too many families who have had to send their sons and daughters home to Jesus far too soon. God has a purpose for my son, and it is my duty to help him realize what his purpose is on this earth as a child and a young adult. To help form him into the man he will become. This is quite an expectation, overwhelming at times, but it is a gift. I am blessed with a faithful and loving husband, a strong support system, good friends and a loving family. Truly, much is expected of someone such as me, someone who is so incredibly blessed.

I know my calling will evolve as time goes on, right now it's to be a faithful and loving wife - a good partner for my husband, a strong and loving mother to my son, a good sister, daughter, friend and family member. My greatest calling is that of wife and mother, but I have many others as you can see. I am still on my own journey and will be until the day God calls me home. God has a purpose for all of us...what is he calling you to do, to be?

3 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

What an inspiring post, Mary! You really have me thinking about what would be an appropriate answer to your question. Thanks for giving me something to ponder.

Mom 2 André said...

Mary, this is a beautifully written post. I can relate to it. I don't ask why all this has happened to me and my family anymore, there's more to it. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Wodzisz Family said...

Your post is amazing. God has blessed our family with so many miracles...not just with Hope, but in so many different areas in our lives (although I never reflected on them until now). I am not sure what God is/will call me to do, but I give my self to Him and will let Him show me what he expects.

Thank you for reminding me of all of our blessings and I will pray that God shows me what he expects from me and my family.

Paula