Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gone to Carolina ...

Hi! We're back from our week at the beach! We were blessed enough to be able to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the week. My father has owned a condo there since I was about 2 years old and it holds such wonderful memories for me. I was so happy to be able to share it with Drew. Bill and I went there the May before Drew was born, but we flew, so driving was a new experience for him...and driving with a toddler was a new experience for me. Thank God for my mother-in-law, who was able to come at the last minute! She was a god send on the drive down. The drive back wasn't nearly as taxing, but we were all sick, so that made for an interesting time.

Drew absolutely LOVES the ocean, much like his Momma! He kept wanting to go back into the water, and farther out, each time we went down there. Sand toys were of no use to him after awhile...he wanted the water!!! He even got knocked over a bit here and there, and just laughed and kept going. Even sick. He's a water baby!

Now normal life resumes in earnest. I have many IMH obligations coming up, loose ends with fundraising to tie up, some contacts to speak with, and details to finalize. We also have our officer's meeting this week, where we hope to iron out details for our first support group meeting!!! YAY! Keep posted for news on that meeting and let others know. In addition, Drew starts lapsit and swimming this week, and Kindermusik next week! I am very excited. God is very good, and we are very blessed.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm glad you had such a great time, minus the sickness. I can just picture little Drew getting knocked over by the waves and thinking its funny.