Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Planks

So, in my neverending quest to try and regain some of my pre-pregnancy body, I am doing planks. I suffer through two sets of one minute each (all I can currently do) in the hopes that my muscle wall will magically grow back together, my abs will tighten and my stomach will once again be flat. This is a torturous exercise that the experts make look easy. Just pop up on your forearms, feet out behind you like a push up, and hold it for as long as you can...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQmRINu4jU

I don't know about you, but I have never been very good at push ups. And my arms are the only part of my body currently in shape! I have awesome arms, thanks to Drew. Anyway, the plank...it's something I think high school basketball coaches use as punishment when your head's not in a game or you sass them. It beats "suicides" and sprints, in my opinion. The only thing more agonizing would be 6-4-6s. Don't know what that is? Lucky you. :)

In other attempts to get my body back, or at least somewhat resembling the body I used to know, my neighbor-friend and I are walking (ahem, um, trying to walk) twice/weekly. We go at a good clip and go for a good distance. Last night, 1/4 of the way into it, I was a sweaty mess. Since we seem to have missed out on summer falling during the appropriate months here in Michigan, we are having abnormally hot and humid (see: disgusting) weather lately. I just got my hair did, so I can't really pull it back...it was not helping. With sweat pouring out of every pore on my body and hair clinging to my face, I trudged on...and man, did it feel good at the end! I really hope we keep this up, even if that means mall walking during our winter (which is approximately 7 months long).

5 comments:

Karen said...

If you go mall walking, you can also "lift weights" while doing it - you can use your shopping bags as the weights!! :)

NikkiG said...

Planks rock!! :P

NikkiG said...

Planks rock!! :P

NikkiG said...

Planks rock!!

NikkiG said...

oops. I didn't read that you had to approve the comment. Just thought I kept spelling the word verification wrong.
I don't really think planks rock that much...lol