Monday, July 13, 2009

Be Grateful

Please, tonight, tomorrow, whenever you read this...take some time and thank God for your children. Be grateful for their presence in your life. When they are melting down in the middle of a restaurant, refusing to mind you, or screaming at 3 in the morning...try to remember how blessed you are to have them with you.

And think of this family:

http://kinseygracethompson.blogspot.com/

They have had to send two children home to God, one last summer at her birth and the other on Sunday, 5 days after his birth. Their daughter, Kinsey Grace, was an unexpected shock, to say the least. She never took a breath or had a heartrate once her cord was cut. Their son, Grayson Thomas, was born on July 7th with Trisomy 18 (think Eliot - 99 Balloons), which is fatal. Pray for them, for peace and God's love to come upon them. I would say to pray for understanding, but I don't know if you could understand something such as this. Maybe pray for acceptance. It is SO unfair. It makes me feel like screaming. Seriously.

I know a lot of you probably wonder why I follow blogs like this...I guess it's my way to honor these children and families, by sharing in their journey, by adding them to my prayer list. It makes me appreciate Drew, all of the time, even when I am "stressed out." I know how blessed we are and how easily his CHDs could've been something more lethal, or he could've had a terminal illness, or have been stillborn. I also know nothing is guaranteed and he might not be here tomorrow, next week, or next year...or I might not. So I need to be grateful for the time I have with him now and thank God for blessing me with him. I am one of the lucky ones and may I never take him for granted.

Those of you who think your children are a hassle or embarrassing out in public or they try your nerves all day long...please take some time to snuggle with them, to watch them while they sleep, to marvel in their beauty. Do not take them for granted. God has blessed you with them...love them, appreciate them for who they are.