Sunday, October 14, 2012

The One Where I Catch Everyone Up

WOW.  THAT was a a LONG time between blog posts.  For goodness sakes!  My last post was in January of this year?!  REALLY?  I can barely figure out Blogger now, to be honest.  Sheesh!  Well, I will try to catch you up in one, non-ridiculously long, non-boring blog post.  Or, at least that's my intent!

1) March, 2012 - celebrated Emmett's 1st birthday and Drew's 3rd heartiversary

2) April, 2012 - purchased new home

3) May, 2012 - celebrated Drew's 4th birthday

4) June, 2012 - sold our former home in record time -- 2 days!! Closed on new home

5) July, 2012 - received keys to new home, began work making it our's

6) August, 2012 - Lived it Uh-hup in ATL for the Thirty-One National Conference!  Moved into our new home!!

7) September, 2012 - Drew began 4-year-old preschool and Emmett started back in his CMO room one morning/week.

8) October, 2012 - helped at and attended the 2nd Congenital Heart Walk...got to introduce Dr. Delius, the man who saved Drew's life! :)

In between all of this, my thyroid reared its ugly head again.  SO, here I am, up 10+ lbs since April (between April and June, actually) and finally going to a person who will listen to me, order the proper testing, and treat me appropriately.  But, to be honest, I feel disgusting.  It's not just the weight, it's all the other symptoms (which I won't go into here, some are far too personal) that goes along with it.  I feel like all my hard work, my months of boot camp (which I am still doing by the way!), my commitment to eating better, etc, was all for nothing.  I just can't win the battle of the bulge.  Of course, it could be that I am allergic/intolerant to some things, so I am also being tested for that.  We shall see where this road leads...

I can't promise I'll be on a ton, but hopefully it won't be nearly one year before I write again.  I don't have tons of time these days to write, but it is therapeutic for me, so I need to try.  I am loving our new home, loving seeing my boys growing up in such a serene setting, with so much room to run and play.  I am loving everything with my Thirty-One business, and feel so blessed to be celebrating 3 years tomorrow!  I love my team to pieces, and the company is just beyond amazing.  I am loving my husband...and we are in harmony once again, after a very stressful summer of moving and house stuff.  It is a wonderful life, thyroid crap aside.  I just miss writing....and I miss all my blog friends.  We shall see what the future holds, but I hope to be on here more.

Til the next post ...


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Dont you hate how hard it seems to be to get on here these days? I'm lucky if I get one post a month.