It occurred to me that I never posted a "before" picture, so I could document my transformation as I go through boot camp and learn to eat properly. I have yet to do the full body picture that you see a lot of women and men doing when they're documenting weight loss. I have not been comfortable with seeing myself full on in a picture, much less posting it-- but I am getting there. Maybe by the end of my next session of boot camp, you will be able to see a full shot of me in all my workout gear or fun new clothing glory.
I decided I would start the picture journey for this blog with a picture from Mother's Day, which was approximately 2 weeks before my first session of boot camp -
Now this picture is from Karyn's birthday in early June, so halfway through my first session of boot camp. Honestly, I don't notice much of a difference. I didn't start feeling a difference until the following week, so I guess that makes sense. In fact, I think I look worse than I do above in this picture because of how I am sitting. Oh well, here you go -
And finally, here I am in between the first two sessions of boot camp. I think you can finally start to see the difference in my face -
So, there you have it. Some pictures to serve as an example of how I am beginning to change. And I am starting to change as I navigate my way through my new life of working out consistently and eating properly. What do you think? Do you think it shows?
Oh, and I have to take a head shot of myself for my work publication, as I recently promoted to Senior Director (*squeeeeeeee*!!!!!), so I will put that in a subsequent blog post. Along with some better shots of my body. I bet you can hardly wait! ;)








2 comments:
Good work!!!!!
I hear you on wanting to see the loss. I don't think we ever see it b/c we work so hard at it. I struggled for well over a month before I saw any loss.... then I lost 4 pounds and gained a bum knee :-p
I gained it all back (IN TWO FREAKING WEEKS!) b/c I don't have any other/ time to exercise than walk/ running on the treadmill while Z is asleep. I need to get some pilates videos.
What do you do (other than running/ walking)? I lift (lightly w/ free weights).
Keep it up Mary, you are doing a great job (have you done your arm/ waist, leg measurements?)
Post a Comment