So, I am not doing so great at posting regularly, as it's been almost one week since my last post.
What have you been doing to help raise awareness about CHD?
CHD Awareness Week started early for me, and my fellow officers in IMH-Metro Detroit, as we hosted our 2nd annual RAISE a glass to CHD AWARENESS fundraiser on Saturday. Let me say, we are forever grateful for and humbled beyond words by the number of people who showed up despite some freak snowstorm that came on all of a sudden that afternoon. It took many people an hour or more to get to us, but still they braved the snowstorm. If you are one of those people reading this blog, thank you! It was a great way to kickoff CHD Awareness Week.
The next day was the Super Bowl and I was anxious to see the Darth Vadar Volkswagon commercial because I had heard the little boy in the ad has Tetralogy of Fallot. It was one of my favorite commercials, along with the Eminem Chrysler spot featuring Detroit. What did NOT make me happy was watching my beloved Steelers lose. :( There's always next year, right?!
Drew has worn CHD shirts to both schools this week. In his tots class, his teacher read an article I wrote for the newsletter. I was asked to tell Drew's story, as they selected IMH-MD as the children's charity for their "healthy bodies" month collection drive. Thanks to the generous supporters of Troy Co-op Preschool, we will be blessed with many items for our comfort bags.
Everyday on FB, I post at least one fact about CHD or the need for research or what to look for in your infant/ask about in your 20 week ultrasound. This Saturday, the 12th, there is a bowling fundraiser for CHD Awareness and on Monday, Feb 14th, Drew and I will attend a fundraiser at a local restaurant. I am excited to see SO much going on in the Detroit area to help raise awareness about CHD. It's a long road, but one day, I know we're going to see CHD up there with pediatric cancer and other more prevalent health issues - both in terms of awareness and research dollars.
15 years later
1 year ago








No comments:
Post a Comment